We are now seeking a Loss Prevention Executive to join us on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and a quick learner with a desire to develop in a friendly and supportive insurance company. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a strong, cohesive and experienced team, whilst building on their previous seagoing, marine and technical experience.
We also have a hybrid working model (minimum 2 days in the office).
Overall responsibility of the Role:
To assist with the implementation of the Club’s Loss Prevention initiatives, including the Condition Survey Programme and providing technical advice to Members, Brokers and internal departments.
- To implement and ensure the efficient running of the Condition Survey Programme (CSP) in compliance with Club and IG P&I survey requirements. In addition, to ensure the survey programme operates in a financially efficient way. There is a particular focus on surveys carried out for tonnage underwritten from the Singapore branch, in liaison with the Loss Prevention (Singapore) team.
- Highlight issues, areas of concern and suggest possible risks/solutions in relation to poor quality tonnage that is identified via the CSP.
- To assist with identifying, developing and executing the Club’s overall Loss Prevention programme and material.
- To efficiently manage loss prevention projects as required. This may include performing presentations, crew training or leading internal reviews of highlighted risk areas etc.
- To assist with the causation analysis of Claims. This includes the monitoring of internal notification emails to identify issues and the subsequent liaison with the Claims and Underwriting Dept as necessary, including but not limited to; analysis of claims for causation, claims trend analysis. Follow‐up to include devising appropriate loss prevention initiatives such as liaising with and making presentations to Members and their crew and producing loss prevention publications.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with Members, surveyors and brokers as required.
- To produce accurate quality reporting and analysis to serve the needs of internal departments and that of Members and brokers.
- To provide a high level of service through timely and accurate responses to internal and external enquiries received.
- To assist the Director ‐ Loss Prevention and the Head of Loss Prevention– Singapore with Management Audits and to undertake any other projects or tasks that may arise from time to time.
- To provide expert technical advice on marine related issues to internal departments, where required.
- To develop the skills and knowledge required for the effective performance of the role by participating in and actively contributing to training and development activities.
- Develop external relationships and knowledge by attending relevant industry seminars and committees as agreed by the Director – Loss Prevention / Head of Loss Prevention – Singapore.
Role Specific Technical Skills and Knowledge/Qualifications
- A sound marine background (including seagoing certification and experience).
- Good understanding of the Club’s aims, objectives, structure etc.
- Good knowledge of the Rules of the Association.
- Detailed working knowledge of the Club’s systems and processes to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Efficient use of the Club’s computer systems.
- Effective use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to create and perform high quality presentations.
- Assertiveness and influencing skills.
- Ability to follow procedures.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and respond quickly to requests.
- Inquisitive nature to enable thorough analysis of facts.
Candidate must be eligible to work in Singapore.