We are now seeking an experienced Underwriter to join our Offshore Syndicate on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and a quick learner with a desire to develop their career in a friendly and supportive Insurance company. This is a great opportunity for an Underwriter from a Mutual or Fixed Premium P&I insurer to join a busy and experienced team, building on their previous knowledge and experience.
We also have a hybrid working model (minimum 2 days in the office / 3 days remote).
Overall responsibility of the Role:
To underwrite the Club’s business providing a liability solution to cover the operational needs of the Members.
- To ensure the correct assessment of risk in accordance with the underwriting guidelines set out in the Underwriting Procedures Manual.
- To fully adhere to the Underwriting Procedures Manual and all processes therein.
- To ensure that high levels of service to Members and brokers are achieved and maintained, including prompt and accurate issue of Members’ documentation.
- To develop and maintain relationships with Members and Brokers to ensure the retention and development of the portfolio for the mutual benefit of the Club.
- To identify, attract and develop new business opportunities that are of mutual benefit to the Association.
- To continually monitor and analyse the performance of business within the portfolio, highlighting and addressing areas of concern that require action.
- To ensure all outstanding premium is paid prior to binding of renewals in conjunction with the finance team.
- Responsible for approving and ensuring the correct issuance of blue cards.
- To share knowledge, information and experience across the Underwriting team.
- To develop the skills and knowledge required for the effective performance of the role by participating in and actively contributing to training and development activities.
- To ensure sanctions screening has been undertaken on Members, other named parties and all vessels, and any hits resolved, prior to binding cover or processing MTA’s.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Underwriting experience in Mutual and/or Fixed Premium P&I Cover.
- Good understanding of P&I and additional covers.
- Contract review experience.
- Skilled negotiator and service orientated.
- Proven experience of business development and broker liaison.
- Analytical skills, with excellent report writing ability.
- Completed or studying for, the P&I Qualification.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.